Rain Forest
I really enjoyed this story. I thought it was a great idea to have the students tell the story by using their artwork. I think that using the students artwork allows parents that travel or can't be around that much a chance to see what their child is doing in school. The students did a wonderful job reading about what they drew. I would love to do this for my class!
HOME
I liked this story. It showed what soldiers go though while fighting for our country. I liked the fact that it didn't really show the war in a positive or negative way. It just showed us what our troops are going through. That to me makes a bigger statement than bashing the war. I really liked the pictures that were used; they all had a purpose and you can tell that it really meant something to her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I enjoyed what you said about the "Home" video. I also think they did a good idea of not showing the war in a negative or positive light, but just showed what the soldiers go through. Great post!
I would also love to do something like the Rainforeset video in my classroom. I agree that this would be a great way to get the parents connected with what their children are learning at school.
My brother-in-law served in Iraq last year for 15 months and is going back and the end of this year. I, too, thought the video demonstrated what the soldiers go through---- and not necessarily in a positive or negative way.
Post a Comment